GUIDELINES for MEMBERS OF THE CYT BOARD OF DIRECTORS
When you agree to serve on the Board of Directors of Christian Youth Theater, you make a special commitment to be a volunteer member of the Board. This commitment does establish some basic responsibilities on your part. The following is an outline of these commitments and responsibilities. As a Board Member, you will be expected to:
- Agree with the Vision Statement, Mission Statement and Values and Objectives of CYT.
- Attend at least 80% of the Board meetings. Meetings are held on the first Thursday of
every month at 7:00 p.m.
- Serve actively on at least one Board Committee.
- Make a personal annual contribution to CYT commensurate with your financial ability.
- Work within your sphere of influence to solicit and encourage others to contribute to CYT.
- Help secure other qualified community leaders to consider being future Board members.
CYT is especially committed to increasing diversity on the Board.
- Attend and support all Board and CYT activities to the best of your ability.
- Hold in confidence all business matters of the Board, unless they are intended to be public information.
Mission & Values
Christian Youth Theater develops character and creativity in kids of all ages through quality theater arts training that brings families and communities together while reflecting the Creator.
- Treat each individual with respect and significance
- Develop character traits including discipline, self-confidence, and integrity
- Bring families together through the use of individual talents and abilities
- Share the love of Christ in word and deed